Groups will be taken by assistant coaches while the head coach will be present overseeing and helping all groups across all courts. The groups will be kept to a low ratio, maximum 6 students to 1 coach per court. This will ensure:
- Consistency and quality of the programs
- Group ratios are low to balance affordability with improvement
- Players and parents are getting maximum value for their money
- Head Coach will be free to observe individual players to assess their potential and grade/group players appropriate
In each program and lessons, the focus will be holistic and concentrating on 5 key elements:
- Technical – HOW TO HIT THE BALL i.e. grips, swings, stance, action
- Tactical- WHERE TO HIT THE BALL i.e what shot to play when, styles of tennis, shot options
- Physical – HOW TO MOVE TO THE BALL i.e footwork, cardio, agility, balance, core strength
- Mental- USE OF SELF TALK LANGUAGE TO GET DESIRED RESULTSi.efocus, goals, visualization, manipulating through the mind, self-talk, reading others, emotional control, concentration, strategy
- Management (of yourself and by yourself) – controlling all of the above, taking ownership of yourself and your game on and off the court
5ETS wants a positive learning environment. There are some rules in place to ensure that everyone gets the most out of their tennis lesson.
- Players should arrive 10 mins prior to their lesson to allow time for warm up; (i.e. - running and different footwork movements), this ensures that you are physically prepared for your tennis lesson
- Respect, cooperation and team work are big policies in 5ETS programs so that we can all work in a great environment, remember we are all out here to enjoy the lesson and learn the game
- Misbehavior and disruption are inappropriate at 5ETS. There will be appropriate action taken if necessary, hopefully we won’t have to apply this rule at all
- Wear appropriate attire and correct footwear. Otherwise players will not be allowed onto the court
- Best effort at every session – we encourage all players to try their best each time and actively participate to allow maximum learning and progression
- Please notify coaches of any medical conditions or injuries prior to tennis lesson so that modified programs and supervision can be implemented
Extreme heat or wet weather
Heat rule is applied at 37®C so we will be then running programs indoors and some outdoors with plenty of water breaks.
MAXIMIUM 2 LESSONS PER TERM WILL BE RUN INDOORS: IF THERE IS MORE THEN 2 LESSONS ON YOUR CHILD'S DAY THAT IS WASHED OUT/ EXTREAM HEAT, THEN MAKE UP LESSONS AND/OR CREDITS WILL APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING TERM.
Lessons will be held under shelter/ indoors to conduct tennis related activities such as: fundamental motor skills, proper warm up and cool down methods, stretching routines, fitness components, tactical strategies and statistics, tennis technique, visual learning, mental exercises, puzzles/ Q & A’s, watching and comparing the professionals on TV etc.
This allows the players to develop other essential parts of tennis that we don’t always get to do on the court. Please note it is up to you if you do not attend your tennis session, it will be considered a lesson. So come and enjoy a different, exciting way to learn tennis when the weather is bad.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions here.